How to use our Online Services
Help with our Online services
To obtain a password to be able to manage your appointments and prescriptions online, you will need to speak to one of our receptionists.
Managing Appointments with SystmOnline
You will be able to see up to five past appointments and all future appointments. You will also be able to book and cancel appointments.Your practice may limit the number of future appointments that you can have at any one time. If you have already reached this limit and would like to book another appointment, you should contact your practice by telephone or in person.
Booking an Appointment
Providing you have not already reached your practice's limit for the number of future appointments, you can book an appointment using this service.
Click the Book Appointment link on the Home Page or the Book Appointment button on the main menu bar.
The page displayed shows details of all the sessions at your GP practice that are available for online booking. The table shows the date an appointment is available, the earliest and latest slot times, as well as the location, clinician and session type.
Your practice may have decided to allow you to book more than two weeks in advance. If they have, a drop-down list will be available for you to select dates further in the future. Select an option from the list and click Show.
Click View Available Appts at the end of the row for the session you require.
A list of appointments is displayed showing the appointment type, start and end time, and duration of the appointment. The most useful columns for you are 'Start Time' and 'End Time'.
Click Book at the end of the row for the appointment you require.
Check the details of the appointment, including the full address - if your practice operates from more than one site, check that this is where you want to go. If appropriate, enter the reason for your appointment in the Reason field, e.g. Blood Pressure check. This will help practice staff to prepare for your appointment. Bear in mind, however, that any information you enter may be visible to all practice staff and not just to the clinician you are going to see.
To continue without booking the appointment, click Cancel.
To confirm the appointment, click Book Appointment. The appointment is confirmed.
To print the details, click Print. Otherwise, click Back or any other menu option.
Cancelling an Appointment
To cancel an appointment:
- Go to the Future Appointments page and click the Cancel Appointment button relating to the appropriate appointment.
- Check the appointment details and click Cancel this appointment.
- To continue without cancelling the appointment, click Back or any other menu option; otherwise, click Close.
Managing Prescriptions with SystmOnline
For certain drugs, you can request a new prescription.
Click the Current Prescriptions link on the Home Page, or the Current Prescriptions button on the main menu bar.
All current repeat prescriptions are listed with the drug, dosage, quantity, last issued date and status. An empty tick box in the left-hand column means you can ask for a new prescription for that drug.
To request a repeat prescription:
- Select the drug by ticking the box in the left-hand column. If the item you require is not listed or if you need to include further information with your request, type the details into the Medication Request Notes field. When providing this information, you should bear in mind that it may be visible to all practice staff.
- Click Request Medication. The Medication Order Summary is displayed, stating that a request has been sent to the practice to re-prescribe the item(s), and that the prescription will be ready for collection in two working days (after 2pm).
- Click Return to Current Medication to return to the Current Prescriptions page where the status of the drug will show that it has been requested.
Changing your Contact Details
To change your address, telephone number(s) or email address:
- Click the Change Contact Details link on the Home page.
- Enter your new details then click Submit new contact details. A message is displayed, showing that your details were sent successfully.
Note: If you are happy for your practice to send text messages to your mobile telephone, e.g. appointment reminders, select Allow SMS notifications and ensure that you have provided your mobile telephone number.